« Home | water therapy » | we too are stardusts? » | Mr. Lonely » | hazy day » | 100 thing about me » | Every Night » | must be calm » | remembering childhood » | my quote » | back to square one » 

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 

feelings

"When I die a silver thread of smooth pearls will break, and the pearls will roll across the country and run home to their oyster mothers at the bottom of the sea. Who will dive for my pearls when I have gone? Who will know that they were mine? Who can guess that once the whole world was hanging round my neck?"
-Jostein Gaarder-

I can roam the greenwoods,
but all I'll find is the falling leaves
drifting down upon the wings of the October wind
covering the earth in a golden sigh.

I can stand at the edge of the Aegean Sea,
but all I'll see is the rolling waves
crashing upon the stones at my feet
grinding them into distant memories.

I can brace the cold of the North Pole,
but all I'll get is a faint light
no warmth from the Aurora dancing before me
a glowing hope slowly fading away.

I can fly myself to the Polaris,
but all I'll see is the distance between us
measured in time and in eternity
a distant voice from a distant star.

I can shout your name at the centre of the world,
but all I'll hear is my own echo
coming back to me like a mockery
the laughter of a lonely planet.

I can do all these, and much more,
but all in my dreams
and what difference does it make anyway
when dreams and reality have no difference anymore.

i always marvel at people who can write poetry and express themselves..jumbledmind is great at it too..You guys should exchange notes.. :)

haha letti, me too! I never read any of jumbledmind's poems, but I would love to do so. My hmate never likes poems, he just can't stand them! hahaha...

:) yeah I write poetry too actually :) I used to have a site dedicated to my poetry, but I write less nowadays... too busy working..lol...but now and then, I do still write to express myself. I think poetry is a beautiful way to express ourselves with words.. it brings out the emotions and all that... ;) love the one you wrote by the way :)

thanks JM.... I think it's cute for girls to express themselves rather than keep things hidden inside :) Hoping to see some of your works someday :)

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

Post a Comment

Reconnect to me

  • I'm Davkong
  • From City A1, Malaysia
  • A dreamer...who thrives on family, love and friendship.. Nothing else matters for me
My profile
ColorQuiz.com Davkong took the free ColorQuiz.com personality test!

"Wants to make a favorable impression and be reward..."

Click here to read the rest of the results.

Previous posts

Fellow Bloggers

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates